Valrec provides leadership and promotes good practice in the fields of equality, diversity and human rights. It is an organisation that works in partnership to deliver its objectives and to add value to the work of others.
Valrec is inclusive, strategic, effective and efficient and works to promote equality across the mandates of Age, Disability, Gender, Race, Religion and/or Belief, Sexual Orientation, Transgender and Human Rights.
- To be an independent advocate for equality and human rights within the area of benefit.
- To reduce inequality, eliminate discrimination, strengthen good relations between people and protect human rights.
- To challenge prejudice and disadvantage and promote the independence of human rights.
- To use its influence and authority to ensure equality and human rights remain a top priority for public service providers.
- To provide advice and assistance to individuals and organisations.